Last month Veeam announced its Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud, providing businesses and enterprises of all sizes with the capabilities to ensure Availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads in the Hybrid Cloud through the following capabilities:
- Enterprise Continuity: Recovery Service Level Objectives (SLOs) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data; Disaster Recovery (DR) orchestration
- Workload Mobility: Availability for workloads across any cloud or location, to maximize IT investments and increase flexibility
- Compliance & Visibility: Proactive monitoring, reporting, testing and documentation to ensure business and regulatory requirements are met
Veeam Availability Platform delivers the next generation of Availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads, providing:
- Private cloud and virtual server workload Availability with Veeam Availability Suite
- Public cloud and physical server workload Availability with Veeam Agent for Linux and Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
- Disaster recovery orchestration with Veeam Availability Orchestrator
- A cloud-enabled management console for service providers, managed cloud and distributed enterprise environments with Veeam Availability Console
Veeam Availability Platform solution is comprised of:
Veeam Availability Suite
The Veeam Availability Suite is Veeam’s flagship product, providing Availability for private cloud and virtual workloads via Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE. Approximately 100 new features and enhancements are being introduced in Veeam Availability Suite 9.5, which is expected to be generally available in October.
NEW Veeam Availability Console
Included in the Veeam Availability Platform is the new Veeam Availability Console, a cloud-enabled platform for service providers and distributed enterprise environments. Leveraging Veeam Cloud Connect, this management console offers enterprises a way to easily manage remote and branch offices (ROBO) and other distributed locations, allows service providers to deliver Veeam-powered Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) services to their customers, and enables partners and resellers to launch a new service provider business.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows provides Availability for public cloud and physical workloads hosted by Windows-based servers on-premises, in branch offices or in the public cloud – as well as Windows-based workstations on-premises, in home offices, or belonging to mobile users.
Veeam Agent for Linux
Veeam Agent for Linux provides Availability for public cloud and physical workloads hosted by Linux-based servers and workstations – either on-premises or running in the public cloud.
Veeam Availability Orchestrator
Veeam Availability Orchestrator provides disaster recovery orchestration for the enterprise, including orchestration of Veeam backups and replicas through a defined DR plan, policy-driven DR testing, and compliance & documentation.
Veeam Cloud Connect
Veeam Cloud Connect streamlines backup and recovery of cloud-based workloads, providing a fully integrated, fast and secure way to back up, replicate, and restore to and from the public, private, and managed cloud.
* * *
Don't forget that it's just two weeks until the VeeamON Tour event in Johannesburg on 13 October 2016!
With a great range of speakers and Veeam professionals taking the stage, this event promises to be highly informative and beneficial to any partners who are interested in the data centre, and backup & recovery technology.
To register, or for more information on the event including the agenda, please visit the
VeeamON Tour website.
See you there!