Dell EMC yesterday announced broadened support of Microsoft environments with new Microsoft Azure Services, Validated Systems for Microsoft Exchange and SQL, as well as customer momentum for the Dell EMC Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft.
Through this alliance, Dell EMC announced availability of a new suite of Azure Cloud Services, which enables customers to easily adopt hybrid cloud services, increasing efficiencies and extending the capabilities of their IT infrastructure.
These cloud services are hosted, managed and delivered from Azure.
Backed by Dell EMC enterprise-grade service level agreements, 24/7 tech support and service health monitoring, customers pay only for the services consumed and without long-term contracts.
The new services include:
- Azure Backup: a flexible, secure, scalable backup solution in Microsoft’s cloud management portfolio. With no capital investment and consumption-based pricing, this service delivers significant cost savings while protecting data running in virtual machines or on physical servers, as well as in Azure.
- Azure Dev/Test Labs: a service that allows developers and testers to create and provision Windows and Linux environments quickly using reusable templates and pre-provisioned environments in Azure. As a result, customers can minimize time and waste, control costs and scale-up load testing efficiently.
- Azure Business Continuity Solution: utilizes multiple Azure services delivered with Dell EMC consulting, provisioning, break/fix support, and single-source pay-as-you-go billing. This solution brings enterprise-class business continuity to small businesses by making it accessible and radically simpler without having to design, build, or maintain it on their own.
In support of its service-defined infrastructure approach, Dell EMC unveiled two additions to its Validated Systems portfolio:
- Dell EMC Validated System for Microsoft SQL is designed for superior performance, significant cost savings and scalability for future needs. It allows customers to process in-memory online transaction processing (OLTP) workloads up 30 times faster with Microsoft SQL Server 2016, as well as consolidate sprawling legacy databases with the latest Dell EMC PowerEdge R830 servers for a modern data warehousing solution with exceptional performance and total cost of ownership.
- Dell EMC Validated System for Microsoft Exchange is a pre-architected and validated datacenter solution for email workloads. The highly scalable system delivers faster time to value by shortening the design, delivery and configuration time for Exchange Server 2016. Designed for exceptional scalability, this converged system lowers cost of ownership through resource consolidation, optimized storage design and efficient system management built on the Dell EMC PowerEdge R730xd server.
These new Dell EMC Validated Systems can be configured, quoted and ordered in minutes, while lifecycle management tools allow customers to easily deploy, scale and update systems.
For more information on Dell EMC's range of products and services which enable businesses to store, manage, protect, and analyse data, please contact Andre on (011) 540 2640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org